New regulations for renewing vehicle licences

According to Regulation 32A of the National Road Traffic Regulations Act, anyone who wishes to transact with a licensing authority and the NaTIS System will have to provide proof of their residence. The regulation authorises the refusal of the issuing of a licence disc if a person has not provided proof of their physical and postal address.
The following information will have to be provided in order to register vehicles, renew licence discs and driving licenses:

Full names,

Date of birth,

Identity number and

Business registration number (if applicable),

along with any form of acceptable identification,

as well as proof of postal and residential address by means of any utility account.

If the applicant is not the person in whose name the utility account is issued, the person in whose name the utility account is issued must make an affidavit or affirmation declaring that the person resides at the address and the affidavit or affirmation must be accompanied by the utility account of that person.
Persons who live in an informal settlement need to provide a letter with an official date stamp from the ward councillor confirming the postal and residential address.
In addition, people must also complete an NCP form available at all licensing authorities or online.

find your
dream home

looking for an

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News


Next Story
10 child-friendly plants that your family can grow together

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our free NEWSLETTER
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.

SELECT your titles:


Your details:

Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)