Disabled boy (6) burns to death in house fire

Amogelang Rakole, from Mmakau outside Brits in Madibeng, who could not walk due to a disability, and a three-year-old sibling were alone in the house when the fire broke out in the room he was sleeping in.
“According to information, there was no electricity in the house and the aged grandfather, who looks after the children, lit a candle in the boy’s room. The grandfather left the house to go to the bathroom and it was then that the fire started,” said Christina Sekhoto, a community worker in Mmakau.
“Community members saw flames coming from the house and managed to save the three-year-old child, but they could not reach Amogelang because of the intensity of the flames.”
The small family has been left destitute after the fire and urgently needs help with food, clothes, blankets, as well as assistance with the funeral.
“The fire destroyed all the clothes, bedding and furniture. The grandfather does not have money to bury the boy and we ask for any donations to assist the family,” Christina said.
If you want to help, contact Christina on 076 375 5244.

  AUTHOR
Daleen van Manen
Journalist

find your
dream home

looking for an
affordable
apartment

List your Property

It's easy in only three
simple steps...

find professional
services in
your area

Locate a business
operating in
your area

List your Business

Want more customers? They're online right now, searching for businesses like yours. Place your ad now...

Latest News

COMMENTS

Top
Recommended Story x
Exercises you can do at your desk in the office

Thanx for your referral. We have no doubt your friends will love our newsletter as much as you!

Don't forget to verify your email.

to our FREE newsletter
SUBSCRIBE to our FREE newsletter.




SELECT your titles:

Kormorant


Your details:


Your friends:

I didn't sign up for this
I'd like to see and read more... (Please indicate in comments section below)
I'm relocating (Please indicate where to)
Other