If you’re wondering whether it’s possible to make homemade ice-cream without a machine. The answer is YES. Read on to find out how.
It’s no wonder kids love ice-cream. This frozen treat that’s been passed on from generation to generation is always a winner and perfect for hot summer afternoons. With the price of ice-cream rocketing (yes, we’re sure you’ve noticed how much a tub of ice-cream costs these days), you may want to consider making your own delicious and creamy bowl of ice-cream. The good news is you can, at a fraction of store-bought ice-cream, and with just three key ingredients. Here’s how:
- 1 1/2 cups full cream milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Stir all ingredients together and pour into a square baking pan.
- Place pan in the freezer for 90 minutes. Then mix the mixture again and return back to the pan and into the freezer.
- After 45 minutes remove from the freezer and repeat the process.
- Continue stirring and freezing until you are satisfied with the consistency.
- After 3-4 hours in the freezer, the ice-cream should have a soft-serve consistency and be ready to eat.
Yummy tip: Keep a Tupperware of treats like crushed cookies, fruit cubes, or chocolate drops in the freezer so that you can toss in a few handfuls whenever you’re making a fresh batch of ice-cream. The above recipe is for vanilla ice-cream but you can always add a splash of chocolate, strawberry, or caramel syrup to mix up the flavour.