Your child will love making this simple dessert recipe with mom or dad today. It is the perfect treat, and best of all, it’s healthy, too!
Kids love spending quality time with mom or day in the kitchen making something yummy to eat. If you’re looking for some ideas on what you and your child can make today, why not try this healthy chocolate pudding?
Mom of two, and award-winning vegan blogger Angela Liddon from Oh She Glows has a decadent healthy chocolate pudding recipe that’s packed with all the good stuff, yet tastes like the real deal. And the bonus is, it takes minutes to make so you don’t have to slave away in the kitchen for hours.
What you’ll need:
- 3 medium bananas, peeled
- ½ medium avocado, pitted
- ¼ cup smooth, raw almond butter
- 4-5 tbsp raw cacao powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt or fine sea salt
Optional toppings: (let your kids help to decorate the puddings)
- ¼ cup hazelnuts or any nuts, toasted and chopped
- Coconut flakes
- Fresh strawberries or banana slices
- Whipped cream (if you’re not vegan)
- A dollop of syrup or honey
- Crushed biscuits
- Add all pudding ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Let the machine run for a few minutes to get it super smooth.
- Portion the pudding into a container and chill in the fridge for an hour or so. Or you can serve it right away with the recommended toppings.
- Best enjoyed within 12 to 24 hours.