Weekends are the perfect time for doing something fun with your child. Your pre-schooler will enjoy making this easy toilet roll craft.
This easy toilet roll race car craft will keep the kids entertained for hours, and you won’t have to break the bank either. Mom or dad will have to man the scissors, but the little ones can paint and decorate the cars.
What you’ll need
- Toilet paper rolls
- Acrylic paint
- Black and white cardboard
- Coloured paper for decorations (optional)
- Thumb tacks
How to make it
- Cut out your cockpit and fold the flap to the front to serve as the dashboard. You can add a steering wheel cut out from black cardboard if you want to.
- Coat the toilet roll with the paint and leave it to dry.
- Cut 4 wheels about the size of the toilet roll from the black cardboard.
- Cut 4 smaller circles for the hubcaps from the white cardboard.
- Glue the white circles onto the black ones and stick a thumbtack in the middle of each wheel.
- Once the toilet rolls have dried, let the kids decorate them with either paint or patterns cut from the coloured paper.
- Add your numbers for your car – you can either paint them on or write them on a round piece of cardboard and stick them on the car.
- Attach the wheels to the roll with the thumbtacks.
- Bend the ends of thumbtacks flat with pliers or cover the sharp points with Press-Stik so your little doesn’t hurt himself while playing.