Electrocuted man says thank you

Madibeng electrician Michael Simon Matlala (49) is finally out of hospital after he was electrocuted and fell from an electricity pole in Ifafi in October.

Michael and Cecelia Matlala

Michael lost his arm and sustained serious burns, he has spent the past three months in the Millpark Hospital’s burn unit and rehabilitation unit.

“I am lucky to be alive. I didn’t think I was going to make it. I have lost my arm, but I am alive,” he says.

ALSO READ: Electrocuted Madibeng worker plunges from electricity pole

He wants to thank everyone on the scene of the day of the incident who assisted, as well as all the people who helped his wife, Cecelia, while he was in hospital. Michael is also looking for people who saw the accident happen. “One woman came to me when I fell and helped me. She said she had seen everything happen. I would be grateful if the woman and other people on the scene at the time of the incident get in touch with me.”
Contact Michael on 073 869 0549.