Make a great tasting lamb flatbread with smoked paprika and more.
‘Why don’t eggs tell jokes? They’d crack each other up’. Well, that’s one dad joke that will probably fall flat.
But, do you know what won’t? Your attempt at making this fantastic lamb flatbread with smoked paprika, roasted red pepper, pine nut, and goat’s cheese.
Bring everyone to silence as they bite into this delectable flatbread with the best toppings! HTA School of Culinary Art thinks you’ll be a kitchen savant after you make this meal. It serves about four to six people and is sure to be a fan favourite.
Here is the recipe:
- 500g bread flour
- 5g dried yeast
- 15ml olive oil
- 300ml warm water
- 10ml olive oil
- Salt freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs, finely chopped
- 1kg lamb, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10ml smoked Spanish paprika
- 60ml olive
- 200g rockets
- 3 red pepper roasted, skinned and cut into strips
- 15ml balsamic vinegar
- 30ml olive oil
- 100g pine nuts, roasted
- 200g plain goat’s cheese log, crumbled
1. Mix all of the bread ingredients to make a soft dough. Add more water, only if necessary and place on a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic.
2. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave to rise in a warm place until doubled in size. Remove prove and let it rise again. Make into 6 equally sized balls. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Roll the balls out like a pizza and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and season to taste. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, rub the salt, pepper and paprika all over the lamb and leave to stand for about one hour.
5. Fry the lamb in the olive oil to your preference.
6. For the salad, wash and place the rocket in a large bowl with the peppers. Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and mix well. Add warm lamb and pine nut and toss to combine.
7. Place the salad evenly on the flatbread, add the goat’s cheese and serve.