Garage gutted during fire at Pecanwood

A garage was gutted when a fire broke out at a house in Pecanwood Estate on Wednesday.

According to Arthur Crewe of SRU HiRisk, the SRU HiRisk fire and rescue team was alerted to the fire in the estate and immediately responded. “It is suspected that the fire was started by a generator in the garage at the house. Upon our arrival, the homeowners and the estate management had already done a good job in containing the fire. Our fire truck doused the flames and prevented the fire from spreading to neighbouring homes. No injuries were reported,” Crewe said.
“I want to commend the homeowers and the estate for their quick response and assistance.”