Eleven cars have already been stolen in Hartbeespoort this month and the Hartbeespoort Community Policing Forum has expressed its concern about the increasing vehicle thefts in Hartbeespoort.
“Car thieves have been targeting Hartbeespoort for some time now and we again urge motorists to be vigilant, to park near security or car guards, and take the necessary precautions when parking,” said CPF chairman, Romano van der Spuy.
In the past month vehicles were stolen in these areas:
• White Toyota Fortuner and white Toyota Etios at a restaurant in Marais Street in Schoemansville
• White Toyota Hilux at popular tourist attraction on the Hartebeeshoek Road
• White Toyota Hilux and bronze Toyota Fortuner at a school in Beethoven Road
• Silver Toyota Etios at a tourist market on Saartjiesnek
• Grey Toyota Etios at Village Mall on the R511 in Schoemansville
• White Toyota Hilux at a restaurant on the R511 near Village Mall
• White Kia small truck was hijacked on the Pelindaba Road.
• White Toyota Quantum was hijacked on the Pampoennek freeway.