A warm and light apricot bake … a comforting winter pud.
You’ll need: 65ml butter, cut into blocks; 15ml ground cinnamon; 2.5ml ground nutmeg; 2 x 410g can Rhodes Quality Apricot Halves, drained
For the batter – 250ml self-rising flour; 190ml butter, melted; 190ml sugar; 3 eggs; 10ml vanilla essence
To serve – whipped cream or ice cream,
- In a medium bowl, toss the Rhodes Apricot Halves with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- To make the batter, sift the flour into a bowl.
- Mix together the 190ml butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir the butter mix into the flour until well combined, but do not over mix.
- Spread half of the batter over the bottom of a pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Evenly place the apricot mixture over the batter.
- Dot the blocks of cubed butter on top of the apricots. Spread the rest of the batter over the top.
- Bake in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 45-50 minutes, or until the pudding is lightly golden.
Serve warm with whipped cream, ice cream or custard.
* Recipe & image by Rhodes Quality.