Soup is the winter kitchen’s staple. This pureed chickpea soup carries the robust flavour of the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas – hearty and delicious.
You’ll need: 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets; 1 x 400 g can Rhodes Quality Chickpeas, drained and rinsed; 2 garlic cloves, peeled; 45ml olive oil; 5ml ground cumin; 1ml paprika; salt and freshly cracked black pepper; 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed; 1 litre prepared vegetable stock; 125ml cream; fresh croutons, to serve
- Place the cauliflower florets, Rhodes Quality Chickpeas and garlic cloves into a large bowl.
- Add the cumin, paprika and 45ml of the olive oil. Toss well to mix.
- Season with salt and pepper. Spread the chickpeas and cauliflower out on a baking tray that has been lined with baking paper.
- Roast in an oven that has been preheated to 180°C for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Place the potatoes and the stock in a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the roasted chickpea and cauliflower mixture, setting aside some of the mixture for garnish.
- Remove the soup from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Puree the soup until thick and smooth in a liquidiser or using a hand-held blender.
- Return the puréed soup to the saucepan and bring to the heat over a low temperature.
- Stir in the cream. Season to taste.
Serve topped with the reserved roasted chickpeas and cauliflower and fresh croutons
* Recipe & image by Rhodes Quality.