Essentials for the modern-day woman vary from the latest technology to that investment handbag.
But what about essentials for a car? Here are five gadgets that are ideal for the modern car and the modern woman too:
1. Bag hooks What happens to all those shopping bags when you deposit them in the boot of the car? Everything goes flying. But not if your car is equipped with nifty bag hooks. The Volvo XC40 boasts this extremely handy and practical gadget. In fact, it boasts a number of hooks in the boot. There are hooks on the sides of the cargo compartment (left and right). Alternatively, pop up the floor hatch, move the floor to the upright position and you can also hang grocery bags on hooks there. The grocery bag holders accommodate weights up to 5kg. This gadget may be simple – but it’s super useful.
2. ZUS Smart Vehicle Health Monitor This ultra-clever gadget – which is simply plugged into your car’s On-Board Diagnostics (OBD) port – takes multitasking to a whole new level. It can log your trips (great for when you’re doing your tax), clear error codes, and keep tabs on the health of your car’s engine. No woman should be without it.
3. Hudway Glass Head-Up Display This super-nifty gadget uses any smartphone to create a head-up display (HUD). You simply place your smartphone onto the Hudway Glass cradle and adjust the lens angle to comfortably see the reflection. It works day and night and also with any mobile phone (both Android and iOS devices). This gadget is perfect for any woman who wants a HUD but doesn’t necessarily want to invest in a brand-new vehicle in order to get this feature.
4. Amazon Echo Auto Alexa has already transformed the lives of millions of techies, organising their lives at home like never before. As we all know, Alexa can help you play music, get directions, place calls, listen to audiobooks, control your smart home… and so much more. Now, thanks to Amazon Echo Auto, you can do this all from the driver’s seat. Echo Auto connects to Alexa through your phone’s Alexa app and plays through your car’s speakers via auxiliary input or your smartphone’s Bluetooth connection. So, you can use Alexa while you’re on the move – while always having your hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
5. Wireless mobile phone chargers Mobile phones all need to be charged regularly. And wireless mobile phone chargers – such as the one found in the Volvo XC40 – mean no more crossed wires! The vehicle includes a dedicated smartphone charging plate that makes it easy to wirelessly charge your device while you drive.