Health workers help colleague whose house burnt down

Health workers of the North West health department’s emergency services in Madibeng took hands to help a colleague whose house was totally destroyed in a fire recently and surprised her with household goods in order to get her back on her feet.

Suzan Monnakgotla, a paramedic at the department in Madibeng’s house in Letlhabile burnt to the ground on 22 January while she was at work. “By the time I got to my house there was absolutely nothing left. Luckily no one was at home. We suspect it was arson,” she said.

A group of colleagues at the emergency services department raised money and bought necessary household items such as a bed, household appliances and cutlery to help Suzan get back on her feet again.

“I am temporarily living in a shack in friends’ backyard and I don’t know how and if I will be able to rebuild my house. I have lost everything and I don’t have the funds,” she said. “But I am so grateful to my colleagues who opened their hearts and hands and helped me with these much needed items. Thank you so much to all of you.”