Three suspects in the cannibalism case are released

Charges of murder and conspiracy to commit murder have been provisionally withdrawn against three of the men implicated in the cannibalism case, Estcourt and Midlands News reports.

The senior prosecutor said he had received an instruction from the district public prosecutor to provisionally withdraw charges against Lindokuhle Masondo, Wiseman Madlala and Sazi Ndlovu.

He explained the withdrawal of charges were provisional and may or may not be reinstated pending the outcome of the ongoing investigation.

The court was also told, the remaining accused Nino Mbatha, Sithembiso Sithole, Lungisani Magubane and Khayelihle Lamula, would be exercising their right to apply to bail, as they had previously abandoned their bail application.

A date for the bail application was set for October 27, and they were remanded in custody.

– Caxton News Service

Read original story on estcourtnews.co.za

International News

Top