The creamy coconut milk makes this pineapple chicken curry so yummy. A quick, easy and filling weeknight meal.
You’ll need: For the curry spice mix – 15ml ground coriander; 15ml ground cumin; 15ml ground turmeric; 5ml ground ginger; 5ml dry mustard; 5ml ground cinnamon; 1ml cayenne pepper; salt and freshly cracked black pepper
For the curry – 1 x 400g can coconut milk; 1 red pepper, chopped; 1 yellow pepper, chopped; 1 x 432g can Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces in Syrup, drained; 4 chicken breast fillets, diced; 65ml fresh coriander leaves, chopped
To serve – roti and/ or basmati rice
- To make the curry spice mix, stir all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the coconut milk into a medium saucepan and bring to the heat.
- Add the curry spice and whisk to blend.
- Stir in the peppers.
- Stir in the Rhodes Quality Pineapple Pieces and the chicken.
- Simmer over a medium-low for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season to taste.
Serve the curry over rice and garnish with the coriander.
*Recipe and image by rhodesquality.com