You’ll want to serve this cheese sauce with everything, so make a double batch!
You’ll need: 1 pack County Fair drumsticks; salt and milled pepper; 1 cup cake flour; 1 tsp garlic powder; 1 tsp dried oregano; 3 eggs, whisked; 2 cups breadcrumbs; vegetable oil for frying
For the cheese sauce – 3 Tbsp cake flour; 3 Tbsp butter; ¼ cup milk stout; 1 cup milk; ½ cup grated mature cheddar; 2 Tbsp chopped chives; salt and milled pepper
2 packets (2 each) of fresh waffles, toasted
- Season chicken generously.
- Combine flour, garlic powder and oregano into a large bowl.
- Dip each drumstick into flour mixture, egg and breadcrumbs respectively.
- Deep-fry in hot oil for 10-12 minutes until golden and cooked through. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and whisk in butter until smooth.
- Whisk in beer and slowly add milk while stirring.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in cheese, chives and season well.
- Serve crispy chicken with toasted waffles and drizzle with cheese sauce.
- Cook’s note: Omit the milk stout if following a strict no-alcohol diet.
* Recipe & image by www.astralchicken.com